Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal # 16 Big risks, big rewards.

When I think about big changes in my life, one clearly stands out from the rest. My decision to study in the US changed my life completely, my academical, social, economic and private life changed in ways I didn't spec, or didn't wanted to spec. My decision to move to the US was not taken lightly, my parents tried to convince me that I should stay there, but I told them that I had the opportunity and that other people would sacrifice a lot more than I would, and that the rewards for struggling a few years would be exponentially greater than the things I lost. When I moved to the US, I abandoned my parents, my friends, my brothers, the city I have lived my whole life in, my comfortable life and my private life, only going back to it on some weekends and on some vacations. A lot of the students that come to the US do it because their parents force them to, but this was my own decision, as I knew that a better educations and a better future awaited a few miles but in a different world away from where I lived. I had to get used to a new city, to a new language, to a new school, and to new people, the change was not easy, it took me a few weeks to realize the situation I had putted myself in and at first I thought it was a big mistake and that I had messed my life up, but my parents were there to back me up, and after a couple months, I knew I made the right decision

No comments:

Post a Comment